Welcome to our next blog series! In this
First things first – do you already have crystals in your home? Perhaps you have diamond or turquoise in jewellery for example. Any crystals like these are especially important as they already have your energy!
How Do I Choose A Crystal?
When you are ready to expand your collection it is time to find the right place! You can find crystals online, in specialty stores, even in places like the Australian Geographic store. If you want to really feel the energy of the crystal and find the right one for you, heading to a store is the best bet.
Choosing a crystal (or the crystal choosing you!) is a personal thing and you will know which ones are right for you, but here are some dos and don’ts when purchasing.
- DO take your time: does it feel good in your hand? Does it feel comfortable?
- DO trust your intuition
- DON’T be swayed by crystals just because they are large and glittery
- DON’T feel that you need to buy everything at once (this is hard!)
If you do want to shop online. some of my favourite online store include:
What Types of Crystals Are There?
- Raw crystals: crystals in their natural state.
- Points & wands: Some are naturally occurring, some are machine made – be sure to check! Some believe that the naturally
occurrinfones are more powerful. Nevertheless, these are excellent healing stones.
- Clusters & geodes: powerful energy generators
- Tumbled: these stones have been polished. They are small and great for laying on the body or carrying with you. Tumbled crystals are also generally more affordable.
- Slices: shows the inner beauty of a crystal.
How Do I Start Using Crystals?
Here are a few ideas to help you get started using crystals:
- Carry them with you (in your pocket, handbag etc) If carrying a few a small organza bag is helpful.
- Wear crystal jewellery.
- Keep them near your bed, desk, wherever you want to feel their energies.
- Hold a crystal while meditating.
- Use them to decorate your home.
When starting a crystal collection, it can be good to start with easily found and affordable crystals, but remember to always choose a crystal that makes your heart sing. These are just suggestions.
There are a few crystals are great if you are just beggining your collection:
Good for mediation. Promotes harmony, wisdom and connection to spirit.
Great for focusing, can stand in for other crystals.
For self-healing and love.
Stay tuned for the next post in this series where we will look at the care and maintainance of your crystals.
- Christina Rodenbeck, Crystals for Everyday Living, Bounty Books, 2014
- Mind, Body, Green, 7 Crystals to boost your mood https://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-20957/the-only-7-crystals-you-need-to-boost-your-mood-live-your-best-life.html
- Mind, Body, Green, Lesser known ways to use crystals in your everyday routine https://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-23590/8-lesserknown-ways-to-use-crystals-in-your-everyday-routine.html
- Valhalla Mind, Incorporate crystals into everyday lifehttps://valhallamind.com/crystals/incorporate-crystals-everyday-life/